Sunshine On A Ranney Day specializes in room & home makeovers for children with long term illnesses. The size and depth of our makeovers is dependent on several factors including available funding, location, and physical needs of the child. To nominate a child please submit an online application. SOARD committee reviews applications in March and June. Once a decision has been made on your application you will be notified of the status. Please note that we can only do so many makeovers and receive many applications.
- SOARD only works on the existing structure of the home. We do not add onto homes.
- SOARD only replaces carpet flooring with hard surface flooring for needs of a wheelchair.
- SOARD only works on bedrooms, bathrooms, hallways, therapy rooms, and wheelchair ramps.
- Home must be located within 60 miles of city of Atlanta.
- We help children from ages 4-21. Bathroom renovations start at age 5 preferably.
- The legal guardian must own the home and free of lead, asbestos, and/or mold.